Completing the process of entering the Wikistrat people into my base graph, which I entitled Wikistrat-Full-Organization, brought me five more Twitter accounts – for a total of thirty two.
I used the transform to pull all the tweets for each account and I set it to return up to fifty.
Once I had the tweets I used a transform to extract the hashtags. What I was hoping for here was to discover topic specific hashtags, such as the names of countries or regions, where Wikistrat experts congregate for discussions.
I was waiting for long periods of time for results so I backed off to the smallest possible return – just twelve tweets per account. I pulled the hashtags from them, eliminated the tags that were associated with a single tweet, and came up with this.
There was a small hashtag cluster – four tags that all had to do with the Mideast, and each had two or more tweets associated.
There were a couple of food enthusiasts in the mix and a hashtag cluster associated with their discussion.
And then there was August Cole. Doesn’t say all that much, but used the same couple of hashtags for several things.
This is a process demonstration and it worked well enough for our purposes. If I were going to do this on a regular basis or handle large volumes of data I would probably develop methods within Maltego and then code something to do the work, once I had a solid grasp of the problem.